Simple Look With A Statement Lip
This look will make you look so refreshed with its lovely shine and luminosity. It is so quick and it can wake you up and put you in a completely different mood. It can be used for summer and transitioned to fall with deep wine, burgundy’s and brown lips.
Let me introduce you to makeup artist Lisa Eldridge. You can find her you tube channel here. She is currently promoting her book Face Paint: The Story of Makeup. Makeup, as we know it, has only been commercially available in the last 100 years, but applying decoration to the face and body may be one of the oldest global social practices. In Face Paint, Lisa Eldridge reveals the entire history of the art form, from Egyptian and Classical times up through the Victorian age and golden era of Hollywood, and also surveys the cutting-edge makeup science of today and tomorrow. Face Paint explores the practical and idiosyncratic reasons behind makeup’s use, the actual materials employed over generations, and the glamorous icons that people emulate. It is also a social history of women and the ways in which we can understand their lives through the prism and impact of makeup.
Face Paint is full of fascinating, surprising and at times unbelievable stories of how and why the items in your makeup bag got to be there. It's full of glossy images, retro photos, beautiful paintings, illustrations and iconic photography to tell the story. A must buy if you're into art, history, and makeup.
On to the this very simple makeup look with a bright lip that will make you feel fab. Anyone can wear a nice bright lippie, be it a coral, pink, red or burgundy. For a bold statement lip you need to have a nice even, clean and flawless base with no redness so your face doesn't look patchy or messy and detract from the strong lip.
- Since it's super hot everywhere just like here in Austin a matte foundation is perfect for this look. I've included an alternate product to the one she used and trust me the L'oreal Infallible Pro Matte foundation is fantastic! I use it and really enjoy it because it is not drying and allows a little glow to shine through.
- I've also included an e.l.f. highlighter in Pinktastic. I know it says baked blush but trust me, I have this product and it is a beautiful highlighter. I love e.l.f. products because they are high quality and super affordable.
- Try to wear a lip color you normally would not wear. It's summer and makeup should be fun! Experiment, I bet you will look fantastic!
- Do your lips before you do your eye makeup and take your time in order to have your lipstick color last.
- Keep your eyes simple, defined eyebrows but no liner for a more youthful and more prevalent look.
- Wear a blush that is similar color to your lips to keep it fresh and quite transparent. Try to avoid lots of bronzer and contour to keep the look more modern.
- Matte lipsticks can be a bit drying so add a little gloss.
Good makeup is all about balance
Here is a list of products used plus some alternate ones:
- Clarins Ever Matte Skin Balancing Foundation in Honey 110
- L'oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation
- Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage in SC2
- Clé de Peau Beaute Concealer in Ivory
- Becca Eye Tint in Vicuna
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Pearl
- e.l.f. Baked Blush in Pinktastic
- Melvita 3 Honeys Nectar Balm
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Lip in 25C
- e.l.f. Cosmetics Mad for Matte Lip Color Set. Four shades: Rich Red, Cranberry, Berry Sorbet, Dash of Pink
- e.l.f. Cosmetics Moisturizing lipstick in Orange Dream
- MAC lipstick in Neon Orange
- e.l.f. Cosmetics Love your lips set. Set includes: classic red: Moisturizing Lipstick in Red Carpet, deep wine: Moisturizing Lipstick in Bordeaux Beauty, sheer pink: Super Glossy Lip Shine in Angel, sleek shine: Lip Balm Tint in Rosy Rocker
- NYX Cosmetics Macaron Lippies in Orange Blossom
- Sephora Cream Lip Stain in Watermelon Slice
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Duo Brow Powder
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Large Synthetic Duo Brow Brush #12
- DHC Double Protection Mascara
- Stila Aqua Glow Watercolor Blush in Water Poppy
- e.l.f. Cosmetics Beautifully Bare Blush in Rose Royalty
- Stargazer Face & Body Paint in Neon Red
- Lancôme Juicy Shaker in Wonder Melon
Shop the Look
Watch the Video
Did you like this look? Will you try it? Please tell us in the comments.
Photos: Cybele Malinowski | Ania Milczarczyk
Video: Lisa Eldridge